Hey Enter Shaolin family how are you doing? It’s me Larry, Jamie was covering for me the past 2 weeks while I was recovering from surgery. This is my second surgery on my left wrist. The first surgery I had was about 15 years ago.
About 2 years before my first surgery I hurt my wrist by punching incorrectly. I was punching a soft target and I don’t remember what happened, but I do remember my wrist bending in a way it’s not suppose to bend. Long story short the cyst came back and I dealt with it for about 3 years.
Normally these types of cyst are pretty harmless and don’t cause any pain. Due to the location of where my cyst was it caused me a lot of pain in my wrist. It made it difficult for me to do push ups and deflections among other things.
The moral of the story is simply: Take your time in your training. Push yourself hard but know your limits.
The doctor says that I won’t be able to fully use my wrist again for about 4 weeks. So it’s light duty for me.
Speaking of light duty… Here is what’s new at Enter Shaolin this week:
Hi, new here?
Sign up to get access to our complimentary Intro membership. You will get our Ngo Dac Na Intro series as well as our Ngo Dac Na ebook plus some great bonus training too! And yes... It's really free.
- Cross Arm Don Chi Sau
- Learn How To Circle Step
- Bil Gee Breakdown – Section 1
- (Solo Practice) Single Arm Control Drill
- ( Solo Practice ) Double Arm Control Training Drill
- Enter Shaolin Update | Perseverance, Patience and Miracles - November 4, 2016
- Enter Shaolin Update | Growing Pains and The Next Phase of Ngo Dac Na 101 - October 21, 2016
- Exclusive Abbot Training – Throwing Proper Hook Punches & Upper Cuts - September 25, 2015
- Enter Shaolin Updates | What’s New This Week 07/10/15 - July 10, 2015
- Enter Shaolin Updates | What’s New This Week 07/03/15 - July 3, 2015