In this video Sifu answers a question from our third video lesson in our 5 day Ngo Dac Na Video course.
Steve Asked: I just want to ask why you wear long sleeves instead of shirt sleeves traditionally used in situations of sensitivity drills?
Personally I’d have to say Sifu has been wearing long sleeve hoodies as long as I have known him… Even on days where you would think it’s to hot for long sleeve hoodies.
Depending on what you do for a living you could be wearing work boots with steel toe tips in them. If that’s the case, there are certain techniques you can do that you wouldn’t normally be able to do with sneakers on.
So I agree with Sifu, if your training for combat (street fighting situations) it’s a good a idea to train in clothing that you are normally in.
Another good example is women who wear high heels… If she wears them on a regular basis, then she should train in high heels. Because it’s likely, if she ever runs into a situation she needs to defend herself… She more than likely would be in heels and thus should be prepared.
I am not suggesting that you shouldn’t train in appropriate training attire. I am just saying whatever clothing you normally wear on a regular basis, it’s a good idea to do some training in those clothes.
Talk to you soon!
– Larry Rivera
Now it’s your turn…
What type of clothing do you wear when you are training?
- Enter Shaolin Update | Perseverance, Patience and Miracles - November 4, 2016
- Enter Shaolin Update | Growing Pains and The Next Phase of Ngo Dac Na 101 - October 21, 2016
- Exclusive Abbot Training – Throwing Proper Hook Punches & Upper Cuts - September 25, 2015
- Enter Shaolin Updates | What’s New This Week 07/10/15 - July 10, 2015
- Enter Shaolin Updates | What’s New This Week 07/03/15 - July 3, 2015