Hey family, how are you doing this week? Give me a shout out in the comments and let me know how you are! 🙂
The two biggest questions we get here at Enter Shaolin are:
1. How can I train without a training partner?
Thankfully, there’s lot to work on until you have a training partner. Two-thirds of your training can be done solo and as both of our Sifus attest to, it’s what you are willing to do solo when no one is around that makes the biggest leaps in your skill. Both of our Sifus have done much of their training solo.
Check out this articles about training solo and overcoming obstacles:
2. How can I find a training partner, when I am ready?There are lots of ways, but here are the ones we and some of our members have found the most useful.
Hi, new here?
Sign up to get access to our complimentary Intro membership. You will get our Ngo Dac Na Intro series as well as our Ngo Dac Na ebook plus some great bonus training too! And yes... It's really free.
Here are 11 Ways To Find A Training Partner
- Ask a loved one or friend to learn with you or to help out occasionally to let you practice a technique.
- Lite members and above can join our Slack chat community to look for a training partner with like minded individuals, click here.
- Wear your martial arts t-shirts out and about, you never know when it will might spark a conversation and create a training partner like Sifu Larry did here..
Don’t have one, you can get Enter Shaolin gear here.
- Share your training journey on social media, whether YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc. and let people know you are looking for a training partner. Use a combo of photos, videos and words to share your passion to train and grow.
- Become a writer on Enter Shaolin and share your Kung Fu journey like I and others have. It’s a great way to get exposure and to keep a log of your progress.
- Create a flyer looking for a training partner and put it in community bulletin areas. Here are some common places to find them: laundromats, grocery stores, health food stores, places of faith, cafes, coffee shops, etc.
- Attend Enter Shaolin Seminars to get some live correction, train with various partners and make some new friends and training partners for life.
- Create a local meetup or find one that already exists that could be a good fit for your training goals at www.meetup.com.
- Post an ad on Craiglist.com in the community section or take an ad out in a local paper.
- Create a martial arts group for your local area on Facebook.
- Join a local martial arts school or gym.
Last but certainly not least, here are some tips on ‘How To Know If Your Training Partner Is Right For You’. And when the going gets tough, just ask yourself, “Are You In It To Win It?”
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post, let me know your thoughts in the comments below. And until you get a training partner, keep training, after all you have two-thirds to work on solo. 😉
Now on to your training…
Your Free Training Hall Video Of The Week:
(ACCESS LEVEL: ALL)
Ngo Dac Na
(ACCESS LEVEL: Junior, Senior, Abbot, Lite)
Blessings & Happy Training,
Sije Jamie Pelaez
& The Enter Shaolin Family