Hey family, how are you? We hope you have made it an awesome week! Both Sifu Larry and myself have sick family members due to the off and on weather and a lot of sick kids going to school.
Thankfully, they are all resting well and on the healing path to recovery! Proper rest, herbs and nutrition are all to thank for that!
And while we both have a had a headache all today our immune systems are not backing down gratefully!
I believe this has a little something to do with the fact we exercise on a regular basis, our food choices, as well as having gotten back on our 5 days a week bare minimum Qigong and Tai Chi training! Whoop!
It’s been a wild crazy year here at Enter Shaolin. It’s been a roller coaster to say the least.
We have hit some of our goals and others came with obstacles unexpected! In all cases we have persevered on.
Our biggest obstacles have been time and funding. This always seems to be the obstacles we face in one way or another. It’s also the two main reasons people quit on their dreams.
It’s the two main reasons people quit Enter Shaolin. Since we’ve begun we have had maybe 5 people say that Enter Shaolin isn’t what they are looking for, 3 of those people tried to steal our content and then ask for a refund…
Back to my point, it saddens me to see so many people struggling with these two obstacles: time and/or money.
Gratefully being a single mom who was once in an abusive marriage has caused me to pinch pennies to the core and find ways to find more time. I’m not perfect, but I have learned a lot along the way through my journey that I know can help people. Maybe you or someone you love?
I always have thought if my life lessons, even the hard ones could help one human being, they were absolutely worth it, tears, pain and all!
Over the next few weeks I am going to be giving you insight on how we are overcoming these two challenge areas of time and funds to grow Enter Shaolin bigger and better and how we are balancing that out with creating habits in our personal & business lives to fuel the passion to drive it all home!
While we are going through our own refinement and improvement processes, not only will I be sharing them, I will also be creating guides that further drill these thought processes down to help whomever is interested. I am determined to eliminate the time and/or money excuses for all.
When we created Enter Shaolin we knew we wanted it to be your home away from home. A place that you could grow and feel comfortable in your own skin.
After all Kung Fu is everything and everything is Kung Fu! Just like Sifu Phu Ngo’s Ngo Dac Na system is a system of principles that help us move better throughout our lives, the things I will be sharing with you in these coming weeks, if applied can be used to help you propel your life in whatever areas you want to grow.
We hope you enjoy us sharing more about what is going on behind the scenes and our proverbial lifehacks along the way. It’s our greatest passion to help you move through your life with more ease.
Here are 5 ways we are overcoming time obstacles:
1. I got an accountability partner. Which made my previous one jealous and causing them to step up their game! (So, now I have 2 accountability partners, the more the merrier!)
- I came up with 3 things I wanted to accomplish this month on a consistent basis, to create the habit. I wanted to add more, but 3 really is obtainable and doable. (I will add 3 more things in next month).
- My partner came up with 3 as well, so we can hold each other accountable.
- We check in at our wake up times via text messages and again later in the day via Facebook.
- We make sure to give some words of inspiration or encouragement to each other.
2. We have been waking up earlier to have more time to get what is important done.
- Like fitting in daily Qigong and Tai Chi! I’ve found by doing this, I can wake up earlier without wanting to go back to sleep. Halleluyah! And in general, I feel ready to take on whatever may come!
- Sending inspirational, motivational and messages of gratitude out to people via text message and social media. It’s been great to see how many people it has been helping start their day off on a positive note and truly gives me joy which fuels me to keep going!
- Getting some time to read and expand my knowledge has been fabulous. It’s something I have been missing having back in my schedule regularly.
3. I have been removing negativity and things that do not serve the greater good from my day to day life.
- For instance I have been cleaning house on email subscriptions that do not interest where I am at in my life today therefor decluttering my inbox and saving me time.
- Creating healthy boundaries in all relationships and cutting ties where necessary (another time saver).
- Decluttering my personal space and only keeping things I love, enjoy and are functional to my goals (saves time, makes more space and just feels good). Some of this I have is being donated others I am selling to save up for some personal goals.
- Being mindful of my thoughts and holding my accountability partners and those close to me accountability for their thoughts and reframing negative thoughts into positive ones. The less negativity, the less weighing me down mentally, the more productive I am.
4. Getting a clearer vision on what we are going to accomplish 2017 quarter by quarter.
- Creating a vision board (also known as dream board), one for my business goals and another for my personal. So I can remind myself visual daily of why I am alive and ready to take on whatever the day holds. And so, I can envision myself already there, what that looks like and feels like.
- Chunking out those visions individually to create my plan and steps to achieve said goals. (More on chunking in another post soon.)
- Masterminding with respected peers with similar goals to come up with more creative solutions.
5. Creating a schedule the flows with both personal and business goals.
- The chunking process helps define clearly what I must find the time for. Notice I said, “find the time.” I say this, because often we can find the time, if we deem it important enough to. Rarely does a person truly not have enough time.
- Creating balance between health and wellness both personally and with business. Hiring professionals like a business plan writer would lessen the weight on your shoulders in establishing your business.
- Giving leeway for flexibility as things happen sometimes and extending grace when it does. 😉
- Creating morning and evening rituals to awaken my purpose each morning and help put my mind to rest for optimal healing and repair in the evening.
- Finding a scheduling/planning tools that work for me that I’ll stick to using… Like Google Calendar, a wall calendar and setting reminders on my phone along with a personal planner to keep it all in check. (A combination of online and offline tools help me to stick to my plans and stay organized whenever, do what works for you!)
- Creating daily checklists to help me check off things throughout the day, stay on task and easily see what may not have gotten done that needs to be moved to another day. I love planners that include these or having a favorite notebook for keeping this, but also enjoy using Google Keep for this which can be used online or via mobile app and is great for collaborating and more as well, click here for a guide to Google Keep (works on Android, Iphone & Web).
What about you?
- What are 3 things you want to work on right now, that you have been neglecting?
- What tools are you using to hold yourself accountable and find more time?
Write to me in the comments section, we love hearing from you!
Now on to your training…
Here’s What’s New In The Training Hall:
ACCESS LEVEL: Junior, Senior and Abbot
Ngo Dac Na
Exclusive Abbot Training
Be Blessed & Happy Training,
& The Enter Shaolin Family