Does Your Wing Chun Punch Stink?
From the moment you start your training in Wing Chun you are taught the proper way to throw a straight punch.
I will admit at first the punch doesn’t look that intimidating. You might even hear a few “hardcore” type fighters talking down about the Wing Chun punch.
I think the disconnection happens because the person throwing the punch doesn’t know how to connect the body correctly and they are too tense when they are throwing the punch.
Sifu Phu likes to say that a good Wing Chun punch is like stabbing someone with a needle or with a knife. A proper straight punch is indeed very painful, just ask anyone who has been hit by one.
You really do need a practice partner to gauge your progress. If you punch correctly the person will feel that punch maybe even hours later.
Sifu Todd does a great job at explaining how the Wing Chun punch should feel as well as how it shouldn’t feel.
Share this with at least 20 your friends or else…
- Enter Shaolin Update | Perseverance, Patience and Miracles - November 4, 2016
- Enter Shaolin Update | Growing Pains and The Next Phase of Ngo Dac Na 101 - October 21, 2016
- Exclusive Abbot Training – Throwing Proper Hook Punches & Upper Cuts - September 25, 2015
- Enter Shaolin Updates | What’s New This Week 07/10/15 - July 10, 2015
- Enter Shaolin Updates | What’s New This Week 07/03/15 - July 3, 2015