One of the most important elements of fighting is understanding your fighting range. Engaging with someone can be difficult when they keep stepping away from you. You won’t see this happen much in street fight where one person is gunning for another person.
You will however see this happen in ring/cage fights all the time.
On the flip side of this, understanding how to shuffle step can aid you in stepping just outside of your opponents range of attack or it will allow you to step in at just the right moment.
This is also good for when you are setting up your opponent for a counter attack.
It’s important to remember that when you are countering that you don’t over commit your strikes.
In this video Sifu is discussing how to counter a person who is stepping in and out of range with a jab.
You will also learn a technique where you can use a feign attack on your opponent to confuse them and make it easier for you to counter attack.
Hi, new here?
Sign up to get access to our complimentary Intro membership. You will get our Ngo Dac Na Intro series as well as our Ngo Dac Na ebook plus some great bonus training too! And yes... It's really free.
Keep in mind this is just one scenario that can happen.
…Give the lesson a try let us know how it went
- Enter Shaolin Update | I Challenge You Part 2 | Raw Vegan Diet - May 26, 2019
- Enter Shaolin Update | Dominion, Cancer, Healing and Kung Fu - May 17, 2019
- Abbot Member John’s First Training Critique - May 17, 2019
- Neigong | Meditation | Internal Power | Controlling Energy - May 13, 2019
- Enter Shaolin Update | Update on Health + New Kung Fu Training - April 30, 2019