One of the most important elements of fighting is understanding your fighting range. Engaging with someone can be difficult when they keep stepping away from you. You won’t see this happen much in street fight where one person is gunning for another person.
You will however see this happen in ring/cage fights all the time.
On the flip side of this, understanding how to shuffle step can aid you in stepping just outside of your opponents range of attack or it will allow you to step in at just the right moment.
This is also good for when you are setting up your opponent for a counter attack.
It’s important to remember that when you are countering that you don’t over commit your strikes.
In this video Sifu is discussing how to counter a person who is stepping in and out of range with a jab.
You will also learn a technique where you can use a feign attack on your opponent to confuse them and make it easier for you to counter attack.
Keep in mind this is just one scenario that can happen.
…Give the lesson a try let us know how it went
- Is There A Difference Between Rooting And Balance - February 20, 2019
- How To Apply Chi Energy With Healing Hands - February 19, 2019
- Why Doesn’t My Cat Stance Work? - February 15, 2019
- What’s Better To Use: The Pigeon Toed Stance Or The Horse Stance? - February 14, 2019
- How To Get Your 1 Inch Punch - February 13, 2019