What Is Locking? Basically it’s the manipulating of joints. The idea is to get him past what his natural flexibility is, where the natural anatomical limits of the human body can go, and we bring it beyond it.
Henceforth we lock the joint together.
What we are going to learn is understanding the ways the body works, the ways the body doesn’t work. In this video we are going to talk about the wrists. The wrist is a very easy thing to break when you have an understanding of how to control it. Understand one of the principles we like to say is:
Bent Wrists Don’t Make Fists – Sifu Phu Ngo
In order to seize someone’s wrist we have to get the wrist to bend. If you don’t bend the wrist they will have power, they will able to fight you and they will be able to resist you and they will even be able to overcome you ,and even take you if they are good. There are basically 4 ways you can lockout the wrist.
- Reverse Wrist Lock – Twist and make them go backwards
- Direct Wrist Lock – Where we take them straight down
- Forward Wrist Lock – Where we torque there wrist and make them go towards their face
- Figure 4 Wrist Lock – A lock to the whole entire arm
We are going to talk about the first wrist lock it is a very common one called the reverse lock. The reverse wrist lock is the taken of his body to go backwards to the wrist. Understand there are 2 points that you want to control in the wrist.
- The thumb side
- The Pinky side
The third point is called the fulcrum point or called the pivoting point. You need to have that in order to create the torque. Watch the video to get the rest of this lesson.
Hi, new here?
Sign up to get access to our complimentary Intro membership. You will get our Ngo Dac Na Intro series as well as our Ngo Dac Na ebook plus some great bonus training too! And yes... It's really free.
If you are already a member of Enter Shaolin you can watch the full lesson here
More Kung Fu Lessons Online
- A Quick Breakdown Of Cross Arm Don Chi Sau
- 3 Points On The Arm We Can affect
- Basic Understanding Of The Bow And Arrow Stance
- Enter Shaolin Update | 10 Life Hacks To A Better Life - August 31, 2019
- Enter Shaolin Weekly Update | Growing And Learning - August 23, 2019
- Enter Shaolin Weekly Update | Getting Back Into The Flow Of Things - August 10, 2019
- Abbot Member Richard’s First Sil Lum Tao Critique - August 5, 2019
- Abbot Member Daniel’s Training Critique | Rice Trainer Drills - June 28, 2019