Here at Enter Shaolin we like to share a lot of our Kung Fu Techniques with you. In this video we are going to talk about a technique called skimming.
Using skimming techniques allows us to attack the attack so to speak. Rather than waiting for someone to attack, you can engage them as they are attacking you.
One of the ways to do this is through skimming. Basically skimming works the same way skipping rocks over a body of water works.
When you skim you want to bounce off of your opponents arm towards their face. To do this, you must create a slight torque with the drive. Just remember that you are not blocking, rather instead you as your opponent strikes, you should strike.
Watch the video to get all the details on this Kung Fu technique. 🙂
Give this training drill a try and let us know how it worked out for you. If you enjoyed this video, then you will love our other kung fu techniques we teach inside our members only area, to find out more click here.
Hi, new here?
Sign up to get access to our complimentary Intro membership. You will get our Ngo Dac Na Intro series as well as our Ngo Dac Na ebook plus some great bonus training too! And yes... It's really free.
If you enjoyed this lesson, please pass it on to others with the share buttons on this page.
Sifu Larry Rivera
Related articles across the web
- Enter Shaolin Weekly Update | Getting Back Into The Flow Of Things - August 10, 2019
- Abbot Member Richard’s First Sil Lum Tao Critique - August 5, 2019
- Abbot Member Daniel’s Training Critique | Rice Trainer Drills - June 28, 2019
- Enter Shaolin Update | I Challenge You Part 2 | Raw Vegan Diet - May 26, 2019
- Enter Shaolin Update | Dominion, Cancer, Healing and Kung Fu - May 17, 2019