In this Kung Fu Training video Sifu Phu talks about how to deal with someone who is bigger and stronger than you. Here’s the deal on this, size only matters if you make it matter.
In other words if you learn how to use skill over strength that will go along way in helping your overcome your opponent. You also need to understand your fighting distance. Another thing to point out is that often times fights end up on the ground. When that happens size doesn’t matter at all if you understand how to grapple.
Final thought: While it can be very intimidating when dealing with a larger opponent just remember that size doesn’t matter in self defense. What matters is doing the right things at the right time.
KUNG FU WEBINARS
Got questions about Enter Shaolin, Kung Fu training or health & wellness? We got answers! Join us online Tuesday at 9pm & Friday at 11am EST.
The best thing I can tell you is that when you are looking for someone to teach you how to defend yourself make sure that the teacher isn’t using strength as the attribute you need to develop.
What you have to learn is how to use energy. We offer a lot of free lessons here and on our YouTube channels. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
- Enter Shaolin Update | Keep Moving Forward + Tai Chi Principles & More - July 13, 2018
- Sifu’s Corner | How Qigong, Tai Chi & Wing Chun Can Drastically Increase Your Martial Arts Skill - July 11, 2018
- Abbot Member Alban’s Training Critique | First Tai Chi Critique - June 29, 2018
- Abbot Member John’s Training Critique | First Tai Chi Critique - June 22, 2018
- Abbot Member Dominic Training Critique | First Wing Chun Critique - June 15, 2018