In this Kung Fu Training video Sifu Phu talks about how to deal with someone who is bigger and stronger than you. Here’s the deal on this, size only matters if you make it matter.
In other words if you learn how to use skill over strength that will go along way in helping your overcome your opponent. You also need to understand your fighting distance. Another thing to point out is that often times fights end up on the ground. When that happens size doesn’t matter at all if you understand how to grapple.
Final thought: While it can be very intimidating when dealing with a larger opponent just remember that size doesn’t matter in self defense. What matters is doing the right things at the right time.
The best thing I can tell you is that when you are looking for someone to teach you how to defend yourself make sure that the teacher isn’t using strength as the attribute you need to develop.
What you have to learn is how to use energy. We offer a lot of free lessons here and on our YouTube channels. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
- Abbot Member Daniel’s Training Critique | Rice Trainer Drills - June 28, 2019
- Enter Shaolin Update | I Challenge You Part 2 | Raw Vegan Diet - May 26, 2019
- Enter Shaolin Update | Dominion, Cancer, Healing and Kung Fu - May 17, 2019
- Abbot Member John’s First Training Critique - May 17, 2019
- Neigong | Meditation | Internal Power | Controlling Energy - May 13, 2019
Hi, new here?
Sign up to get access to our complimentary Intro membership. You will get our Ngo Dac Na Intro series as well as our Ngo Dac Na ebook plus some great bonus training too! And yes... It's really free.