In this Kung Fu Training video Sifu Phu talks about how to deal with someone who is bigger and stronger than you. Here’s the deal on this, size only matters if you make it matter.
In other words if you learn how to use skill over strength that will go along way in helping your overcome your opponent. You also need to understand your fighting distance. Another thing to point out is that often times fights end up on the ground. When that happens size doesn’t matter at all if you understand how to grapple.
Final thought: While it can be very intimidating when dealing with a larger opponent just remember that size doesn’t matter in self defense. What matters is doing the right things at the right time.
The best thing I can tell you is that when you are looking for someone to teach you how to defend yourself make sure that the teacher isn’t using strength as the attribute you need to develop.
What you have to learn is how to use energy. We offer a lot of free lessons here and on our YouTube channels. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
- Enter Shaolin | Enter Tai Chi Weekly Webinar 2/14/20 - February 21, 2020
- Close Quarter Combat Training | Kung Fu Training Online - February 6, 2020
- Your Not A Real Martial Artist If You Don’t Have A Fight Record - January 30, 2020
- Focus Mitts | Beginner Pad Training - January 29, 2020
- Enter Shaolin Update | Don’t Wait Till Tomorrow - December 26, 2019
Hi, new here?
Sign up to get access to our complimentary Intro membership. You will get our Ngo Dac Na Intro series as well as our Ngo Dac Na ebook plus some great bonus training too! And yes... It's really free.