Hey family, how have you been?
My daughter Jaya and I got back from visiting our family in Florida. We weren’t going to be going to visit until her Winter break, but after we found out my Grandma has been diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer, we changed our plans.
So we planned an impromptu trip to be able to be with my Grandma for her 82nd birthday.
And to see how we could help and assist in her healing journey of course!
One thing I did was make sure to print out for my grandparents was the FREE guide from Chris Beat Cancer on 20 Questions for Your Oncologist. If you or a loved one is dealing with cancer, please read and share this guide.
It was something that really helped out Sifu Larry in his cancer healing journey.
I had already asked my Grandparents several key questions beforehand that they did not know the answers to, so I knew they needed this Ebook to be informed on what they were really facing.
For instance, was the chemo treatment recommended palliative (pain management) or was it curative?
Seems like something every cancer patient should know, right? And that’s just one of the 20 questions, cancer patients need to know!
I also wanted to see what could be done to help my Grandma to eat more, she lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time, see below the photos from their May visit to NJ vs. our recent visit to them in FL.
As you know from following Sifu Larry’s cancer journey, nutrition is a key component in healing. That is even more important when someone chooses to do Chemotherapy or Radiation. Having cancer means your immune system is already weakened, add Chemo or Radiation and your immune system is even more compromised.
It was great to be able to arm my family with more knowledge that could help them if they choose. Oh and with some nudging from some of my family members and myself, my Grandma is now drinking fresh healthy smoothies to help compensate for her lack of appetite. Win!
Looking for simple healthy plant-based recipes? Check out Forks Meal Planner.
I also recommended medical cannabis aka marijuana to help my Grandma with pain, chemo side effects like nausea and lack of appetite and more that she was experiencing despite being on prescription pills that were meant to alleviate those symptoms I mentioned, but weren’t working.
Sadly my Grandma does not look at cannabis as the natural healing herb that it is. The only way she would consider it is if her Doctor recommended it to her. So far, that hasn’t happened. :/
However, the seeds of knowledge have been planted and I have found an alternative that she might be more open to that has many of the same benefits. What alternative is that? It is full-spectrum CBD (Cannabidiol) oil also known as full-spectrum Hemp oil.
Sifu Larry and I have been testing out various brands over the past several years between his pets, himself, my daughter and myself.
I personally could never get the CBD oils I had tried to do what they were supposed to. Instead, they increased my anxiety and had marginal results on my daughter. Sifu Larry also had marginal results.
Finally this past week we found out not only why we were receiving subpar results, but we also found a company that actually gets us results. More on that in another post. 🙂 Let’s just say I am excited to be able to send something I know works to my Grandma!
One of the greatest moments on our impromptu trip, besides spending time with our family was getting to see my dad reunite with my grandparents. He has not seen them since my mom and he separated about 11 years ago. It was a huge step for him and I was proud to be a part of the healing journey between them all. 🙂
While we were away we also had to keep an eye out on hurricane Dorian that was lingering of the coast. I’ve personally never seen a hurricane linger over one spot for so long. Our prayers and thoughts are with the people of the Bahamas and those on the ground helping.
WATCH | LAST WEEK’S KUNG FU Q&A
We had a great Kung Fu Q&A this week. We hope you enjoy the replay!
WATCH | WHAT’S NEW ON PATREON
When you become a Patron, you help Enter Shaolin to grow and be able to share more awesome Kung Fu training to help you on your training journey. Shout out to our newest Patrons, Jefferson, Stanley and Per! Thank you for your support!
WE ARE GIVING AWAY ONE FREE SPOT TO THE SEMINAR + OTHER GOODIES!
We are running a raffle for the next week for a free ticket for our 3-day seminar. This is worth $997. It includes your stay (room/board) and food while you are there. This event is for Sept. 27, 28 and 29th in Honesdale, PA.
The only thing you would be responsible for is getting there! The closest International Airport is the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport.
But we are not just giving away this one prize, so if you can’t make those dates, no worries you will still want to enter!
ENTER SHAOLIN RAFFLE PRIZES:
- 3-Day VIP Enter Shaolin Seminar ($997 value)
- Senior Membership (1 year of awesome online training $597 value)
- Official Enter Shaolin Hoodie ($60 value)
- Enter Shaolin Embroidered Hat ($35 value)
- Enter Shaolin Limited Edition Coffee Mug ($10 value)
Here are 5 Ways You Can Enter to Win…
- Be live on our next Q&A (Friday Sept. 13th at 11:30AM EST on our Enter Tai Chi Channel and give us a tip via Superchat of $1 or more.
- Donate a $1 or more to us at paypal.me/EnterShaolin (no paypal account required)
- Join our YouTube Premium Membership here for $4.99/mo.
- Become a Patron and get more exclusive content for as little $5/mo.
- Join our full membership or upgrade your current membership here. Use coupon code BDAY48 at checkout to save 48% off any membership!
You will get one entry for each action you complete. We will be announcing the winners via email on Sept. 15th.
So far we have Mr. Stace x3, Remco, Tricia J., Jefferson K., Richard K., Kevin F., Rick J., Ammon O., Thalia D. x2, Melani W., John J., Bob T., Eli J., Tracey S., Marco C., Guy K. x2, Tom H., Anton M. and Ron B. are in the running, what about you?
* If you are already attending the seminar or already a member and win for the seminar or the 1 year and you are an Abbot for instance, then you can donate your prize to a friend or family member. If you do not have someone to bless it with, you can choose one of the other prizes like a hoodie, ballcap or coffee mug instead and we will draw another name for your original prize. 🙂
Let us know how you are doing in the comments section below and what your takeaway is from this week’s post.
Now on to your training…
What’s New In The Training Hall This Week:
Enter Shaolin Seminar Washington D.C. 2018
(ACCESS LEVEL: Lite, Junior, Senior, Abbot)
BONUS: Youtube Premium Member Videos
(ACCESS LEVEL: Junior, Senior, Abbot)
Peace, Blessings & Happy Training,
Sije Jamie Pelaez
& The Enter Shaolin Family
- Enter Shaolin Update | Coronavirus ‘Covid-19’ Lockdown + Online Kung Fu Training - March 23, 2020
- Enter Shaolin Update | Next Seminar and Live Online Kung Fu Classes - February 8, 2020
- Enter Shaolin Update | Sije Jamie is Back + Seminar Ticket Giveaway - September 8, 2019
- Enter Shaolin Update | Health & Seminar Update + Quick Training Tips - July 28, 2019
- Enter Shaolin Update | Sifu Larry’s Surgery Update + New Training - July 21, 2019