In this video you are going to see a Don Chi Sau training exercise called Cross Arm Don Chi Sau. What this is to teach is basically develop structural integrity so he can’t compromise under pressure. But what happens when somebodies force is greater than your structural integrity? He has to learn how to release it. This is what this drill is for:
To release pressure that is greater than your ability to maintain your structure. This drill is to teach you how to feel pressure and when someone puts greater pressure and forces you are going to learn how to release it.
As he learns to release he is also going to learn how to strike. Learning Don Chi Sau is a team effort. Basically it’s a partner drill. You can’t practice this alone. While one person is practicing one aspect of the drill. Your partner is learning another aspect of it.
It bridges the gap between just playing a game of hands, ( for us that means we use the the tools we learned so far like strikes, deflections, parries and locks and connecting them to footwork). Once you get this far into your training it’s time to work on Don Chi Sau, this will take you to Chi Sau or sao both spellings of the word is correct.
Hi, new here?
Sign up to get access to our complimentary Intro membership. You will get our Ngo Dac Na Intro series as well as our Ngo Dac Na ebook plus some great bonus training too! And yes... It's really free.
Chi Sao or Sticky Hands incorporates all that you have learned into a more free play enviroment. Another words it can be as passive or aggressive as you and your partner agree on.
If you are already a member of Enter Shaolin you can see the full Don Chi Sao Training Here
Check out more of our Kung Fu Lessons Online
- Kung Fu Lessons Online – Basic Understanding Of The Bow And Arrow Stance
- Free Kung Fu Lessons Online – How To Escape When A Person Double Grips You
- Kung Fu Lessons Online – Wrist And Structure Discussion
- Enter Shaolin Update | Don’t Wait Till Tomorrow - December 26, 2019
- Enter Shaolin Update | Being Reborn - November 26, 2019
- Honsdale PA 2019 Seminar - November 25, 2019
- Abbot Member Daniel’s Rice Trainer Critique - November 25, 2019
- Enter Shaolin Update | What Happens In Vegas Doesn’t Stay In Vegas - November 8, 2019