This tip doesn’t just apply to mixed martial artist. This tip also applies to anyone who wants to improve their ground fighting game. Because at the end of the day we martial artist express the same style from our unique viewpoint. By style I want to echo something the late great Bruce Lee said:
I personally do not believe in the word style. Why? Because, unless there are human beings with three arms and four legs, unless we have another group of human beings that are structurally different from us, there can be no different style of fighting. – Bruce Lee
In order to improve your ground fighting game you need 2 things:
- You need to have good techniques
- You need to use energy correctly
Make no mistake, energy is constant regardless of the style.. Another words, Jujitsu, Judo, Wing Chun etc. In order for any of them to work they need to learn how to obey the energy.
The good news is having good energy control causes you to have good techniques. It’s like a 2 for 1 deal! 🙂
Do you train in ground fighting? If so what kind of training do you do?
Hi, new here?
Sign up to get access to our complimentary Intro membership. You will get our Ngo Dac Na Intro series as well as our Ngo Dac Na ebook plus some great bonus training too! And yes... It's really free.
- Enter Shaolin Update | What Happens In Vegas Doesn’t Stay In Vegas - November 8, 2019
- Melani’s Ground Fighting Critique - October 28, 2019
- Enter Shaolin Update | Does What Happens In Vegas Stay In Vegas? - October 22, 2019
- Personal Development Through Martial Arts Training | Enter Shaolin Updates - September 22, 2019
- Enter Shaolin Update | 10 Life Hacks To A Better Life - August 31, 2019