This tip doesn’t just apply to mixed martial artist. This tip also applies to anyone who wants to improve their ground fighting game. Because at the end of the day we martial artist express the same style from our unique viewpoint. By style I want to echo something the late great Bruce Lee said:
I personally do not believe in the word style. Why? Because, unless there are human beings with three arms and four legs, unless we have another group of human beings that are structurally different from us, there can be no different style of fighting. – Bruce Lee
In order to improve your ground fighting game you need 2 things:
- You need to have good techniques
- You need to use energy correctly
Make no mistake, energy is constant regardless of the style.. Another words, Jujitsu, Judo, Wing Chun etc. In order for any of them to work they need to learn how to obey the energy.
KUNG FU WEBINARS
Got questions about Enter Shaolin, Kung Fu training or health & wellness? We got answers! Join us online Tuesday at 9pm & Friday at 11am EST.
The good news is having good energy control causes you to have good techniques. It’s like a 2 for 1 deal! 🙂
Do you train in ground fighting? If so what kind of training do you do?
- Enter Shaolin Update | Surviving Life’s Rip Currents, Ambassador Update + New Training - August 10, 2018
- Wing Chun Wooden Dummy Kicking Drill | Hitting On Point | Creating Balance - August 2, 2018
- What Are The 4 Wing Chun Gates? - August 1, 2018
- How To Maintain Your Balance While You Are Doing Single Whip From Tai Chi - July 31, 2018
- How To Protect Yourself In A Ground And Pound Situation - July 31, 2018