Kung fu has been around for literally thousands of years. To think that because MMA is what is popular in media today, that it’s going to cause Kung fu to disappear or any other martial art for that matter simply won’t happen.
Mixed Martial Arts is simply a natural progression for anyone that takes their martial arts journey seriously. Wing Chun , Hung Gar, Tai Chi, Shaolin animals, Wushu, Sanshou, Mantis, Chin Na and many more styles that make up the Kung fu systems have followings all over the world.
It’s not uncommon to come across people who cross train in Kung Fu and Karate or Krav Maga, Jujitsu etc….
Here at Enter Shaolin we don’t believe that style matters. What we do believe is that the energy behind the techniques is what is important to understand. It’s these energy principles that transcends “style”. If you understand how the energy works with the body then you can make no style as your style.
What do you think?
Will MMA cause kung fu to go the way of the Dodo Bird?
Hi, new here?
Sign up to get access to our complimentary Intro membership. You will get our Ngo Dac Na Intro series as well as our Ngo Dac Na ebook plus some great bonus training too! And yes... It's really free.
- Enter Shaolin | Enter Tai Chi Weekly Webinar 2/14/20 - February 21, 2020
- Close Quarter Combat Training | Kung Fu Training Online - February 6, 2020
- Your Not A Real Martial Artist If You Don’t Have A Fight Record - January 30, 2020
- Focus Mitts | Beginner Pad Training - January 29, 2020
- Enter Shaolin Update | Don’t Wait Till Tomorrow - December 26, 2019