First and foremost the most important thing that you need to do if you find yourself in the unfortunate situation where you are on the receiving end of a ground and pound attack is to stay calm. Absolutely focus on your breathing so you don’t find yourself panicking. Controlled breathing is key to weathering the storm effectively until you can find your opening.
In this video Sifu Phu shares with you what he does in this grappling situation.
Do you train in ground fighting? If so what’s your favorite strategy to counter the ground and pound?
- Enter Shaolin | Enter Tai Chi Weekly Webinar 2/14/20 - February 21, 2020
- Close Quarter Combat Training | Kung Fu Training Online - February 6, 2020
- Your Not A Real Martial Artist If You Don’t Have A Fight Record - January 30, 2020
- Focus Mitts | Beginner Pad Training - January 29, 2020
- Enter Shaolin Update | Don’t Wait Till Tomorrow - December 26, 2019