First and foremost the most important thing that you need to do if you find yourself in the unfortunate situation where you are on the receiving end of a ground and pound attack is to stay calm. Absolutely focus on your breathing so you don’t find yourself panicking. Controlled breathing is key to weathering the storm effectively until you can find your opening.
In this video Sifu Phu shares with you what he does in this grappling situation.
Do you train in ground fighting? If so what’s your favorite strategy to counter the ground and pound?
- Enter Shaolin Update | Surviving Life’s Rip Currents, Ambassador Update + New Training - August 10, 2018
- Wing Chun Wooden Dummy Kicking Drill | Hitting On Point | Creating Balance - August 2, 2018
- What Are The 4 Wing Chun Gates? - August 1, 2018
- How To Maintain Your Balance While You Are Doing Single Whip From Tai Chi - July 31, 2018
- How To Protect Yourself In A Ground And Pound Situation - July 31, 2018