First and foremost the most important thing that you need to do if you find yourself in the unfortunate situation where you are on the receiving end of a ground and pound attack is to stay calm. Absolutely focus on your breathing so you don’t find yourself panicking. Controlled breathing is key to weathering the storm effectively until you can find your opening.
In this video Sifu Phu shares with you what he does in this grappling situation.
Do you train in ground fighting? If so what’s your favorite strategy to counter the ground and pound?
- Enter Shaolin Update | Seminar Survey, New Q&A Webinar, The Leopard Whip and New Training - December 7, 2018
- Abbot Member Daniel’s Training Critique | Second Sil Lum Tao Critique - November 9, 2018
- Enter Shaolin Update | Tunnel Vision Can Halt Your Training Progress - October 27, 2018
- Enter Shaolin Update | Winning The War Against Stress - October 19, 2018
- Enter Shaolin Update: A Punch is a Punch is a Punch, Right? - September 28, 2018