First and foremost the most important thing that you need to do if you find yourself in the unfortunate situation where you are on the receiving end of a ground and pound attack is to stay calm. Absolutely focus on your breathing so you don’t find yourself panicking. Controlled breathing is key to weathering the storm effectively until you can find your opening.
In this video Sifu Phu shares with you what he does in this grappling situation.
Do you train in ground fighting? If so what’s your favorite strategy to counter the ground and pound?
- Enter Shaolin Update: A Punch is a Punch is a Punch, Right? - September 28, 2018
- Enter Shaolin Update | Kung Fu Seminar, Birthday Wishes and Huge Savings - September 21, 2018
- Abbot Request | Cane Principles & Techniques - September 21, 2018
- Enter Shaolin Update | Developing Your Sensitivity as a Martial Artist - September 14, 2018
- Enter Shaolin Update | Washington D.C. 2018 Seminar Details - September 3, 2018