When learning Wing Chun you may here phrases like protect your gates or zones. In this video Sifu Phu talks about what you need to know about protecting your 4 gates. Though we don’t use the term “4 gates“, we do protect those zones. Same concept and techniques just a different way of saying them.
It’s important to note: When you are developing the skill set to protect your quadrants, gates, zones or whatever you choose to call it. That you don’t chase your opponents hands. Rather let them attack and you should just meet the attack.
What I mean by this is place your deflection where it belongs in relationship to your body. Let your attack meet you there. Practicing this will help you to not chase the persons hands. I see a lot of people make the mistake of chasing hands and that’s because they don’t train going to their point.
- Enter Shaolin Update | 10 Life Hacks To A Better Life - August 31, 2019
- Enter Shaolin Weekly Update | Growing And Learning - August 23, 2019
- Enter Shaolin Weekly Update | Getting Back Into The Flow Of Things - August 10, 2019
- Abbot Member Richard’s First Sil Lum Tao Critique - August 5, 2019
- Abbot Member Daniel’s Training Critique | Rice Trainer Drills - June 28, 2019