When learning Wing Chun you may here phrases like protect your gates or zones. In this video Sifu Phu talks about what you need to know about protecting your 4 gates. Though we don’t use the term “4 gates“, we do protect those zones. Same concept and techniques just a different way of saying them.
It’s important to note: When you are developing the skill set to protect your quadrants, gates, zones or whatever you choose to call it. That you don’t chase your opponents hands. Rather let them attack and you should just meet the attack.
What I mean by this is place your deflection where it belongs in relationship to your body. Let your attack meet you there. Practicing this will help you to not chase the persons hands. I see a lot of people make the mistake of chasing hands and that’s because they don’t train going to their point.
- Is There A Difference Between Rooting And Balance - February 20, 2019
- How To Apply Chi Energy With Healing Hands - February 19, 2019
- Why Doesn’t My Cat Stance Work? - February 15, 2019
- What’s Better To Use: The Pigeon Toed Stance Or The Horse Stance? - February 14, 2019
- How To Get Your 1 Inch Punch - February 13, 2019