Wing Chun practitioners from around the world use a tool called a Muk Jong also known as a wooden dummy. There are a ton of different training drills you can do on jong. In this video Sifu Phu teaches you a kicking drill that will enhance your ability to hit points and strengthen your core muscles which will help you have better balance.
We get asked all the time when is a good time to buy Muk Jong, after all they aren’t exactly cheap or small. Traditionally you don’t actually need one till you start learning the Wing Chun Wooden Dummy sets. Although, there are certainly plenty of drills that you can do before you get to that level in your training. Like this particular kicking drill.
You can practice this whenever you feel ready.
Besides using a the Wooden Dummy to practice your techniques you can also use it to condition different parts of your body. Overall the Muk Jong is a useful training aid that can help you in your training journey.
- Is There A Difference Between Rooting And Balance - February 20, 2019
- How To Apply Chi Energy With Healing Hands - February 19, 2019
- Why Doesn’t My Cat Stance Work? - February 15, 2019
- What’s Better To Use: The Pigeon Toed Stance Or The Horse Stance? - February 14, 2019
- How To Get Your 1 Inch Punch - February 13, 2019