Wing Chun practitioners from around the world use a tool called a Muk Jong also known as a wooden dummy. There are a ton of different training drills you can do on jong. In this video Sifu Phu teaches you a kicking drill that will enhance your ability to hit points and strengthen your core muscles which will help you have better balance.
We get asked all the time when is a good time to buy Muk Jong, after all they aren’t exactly cheap or small. Traditionally you don’t actually need one till you start learning the Wing Chun Wooden Dummy sets. Although, there are certainly plenty of drills that you can do before you get to that level in your training. Like this particular kicking drill.
You can practice this whenever you feel ready.
Besides using a the Wooden Dummy to practice your techniques you can also use it to condition different parts of your body. Overall the Muk Jong is a useful training aid that can help you in your training journey.
- Enter Shaolin Update | Surviving Life’s Rip Currents, Ambassador Update + New Training - August 10, 2018
- Wing Chun Wooden Dummy Kicking Drill | Hitting On Point | Creating Balance - August 2, 2018
- What Are The 4 Wing Chun Gates? - August 1, 2018
- How To Maintain Your Balance While You Are Doing Single Whip From Tai Chi - July 31, 2018
- How To Protect Yourself In A Ground And Pound Situation - July 31, 2018